Technical Account Manager @Datadog
Developer Relations Advocate |
Woman In Tech | International Speaker
Location: Hamburg Area, Germany
Industry: Information Technology and Services
Karina is a member of the global initiative “women in tech”, an experienced developer and an international speaker, who has been awarded the Trust of The Audience Award in 2016. She has Master degrees in Applied Informatics, in Economics and Geospatial technologies, besides of this she has worked as Developer Lead and Sales Engineer last 14 years in 5 countries.
Her leadership skills developed through international professional interaction and engagements with representatives of various government institutions and IT companies with agile environment across the world.
Her social responsibility and communicative competence are demonstrated in the organization of professional networks, events, and conferences. Organization and management skills fostered through Positions of the Head of planning and accounting of public investment branch of the Ministry of Economics (2013); Head Engineer-Programmer at the Administration of Special Communication and Information of the Federal Protection Services (2011-2013); Head of IT Department of the development Company “CredoAMGroup” (2009-2011).
At the same time she gained public speaking skills gained through frequent academic presentations, workshops (about 200 workshops in 2016-2020) and participation as a speaker at IoT & DevOps conferences (about 100 conferences).
Karina Popova: Experience
Technical Account Manager
2020 – present, Hamburg Area, Germany
Datadog is a monitoring service for hybrid cloud applications, assisting organizations in improving agility, increasing efficiency, and providing end-to-end visibility across the application and organization.
A Technical Account Manager presents “white glove” technical service to the largest customers by supporting, adopting, and providing guidance over the comprehensive suite of products and features available at Datadog.
– Advise on technical support and product adoption for customers in line with pre-sales, post-sales and the renewal processes
– Analyze customer’s IT Operations environment regularly and provide recommendations that maximize Datadog’s value.
– Be the customer’s advocate by knowing their goals and use cases then suggesting process changes, product adoption, configuration, and additional features meeting their requirements
– Mentor and train the customer’s champions
– Participate and prepare for Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with customers
– Collaborate with Datadog’s product management, engineering, and technical services teams to help identify new features and products
– Continuously evolve best practice to technical product adoption and customer success
Head of Operations and Communications / Quality Management Software Development / Blockchain Adviser
HSC Hanseatic Sales Company GmbH
December 2017 – April 2020, Hamburg Area, Germany
– Participate in trade fairs & conferences worldwide, by giving talks and represent HSC.
– Manage content creation about the projects for both online and print media.
– Direct all social media activities, create effective campaigns to engage w/ tech communities.
– Manage website, page design, copywriting, UX & and ongoing evaluation of traffic analysis.
– Support the teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and its requirements.
– Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards.
– Write easy-to-understand developer guides and tutorials for the end-users.
– Test and debug the software developed by HSC.
Consulting & Team Management:
– Define the project requirements in the field of Blockchain, IoT, and cryptocurrencies.
– Build a positive working environment for the team, inspire & motivate team members.
– Supervise, guide, manage team members in line with company policy and procedures.
– Proactively report and manage upwards to management and the business, so that they are well informed of the work currently in development.
– Communication language: English.
Strategic Advisor – Member of the Advisory Board
Global Women in Tech
2017 – 2020 (3 years), Europe
Global Women in Tech (GWiT) is a non-profit organization, founded in 2017, that promotes diversity and facilitates sustainable economic growth through international partnerships with organizations, companies, and universities meant to bring in innovative programs aimed at enhancing the educational and professional development of women.
Advisory Board brings together renowned leaders from the international and national business environment, with expertise in technology, entrepreneurship, and leadership. They stand out as role models through their extensive experience and professional achievements and play a decisive role in setting GWT’s growth direction.
– Communication language: English.
DevOps/System Software Engineer, Developer Evangelist, Sales Engineer
LINK Mobility GmbH
September 2015 – October 2017 (2 years) Hamburg Area, Germany
– An agile development environment.
– Develop and maintain complex infrastructure software solutions.
– Define, evaluate and implement of user stories and new standards.
– Configuration management and continuous integration/deployment.
– Integration and development with Java, C++, Python, SQL, Spring, EJB, Docker, Puppet, EMC.
– Due to test automation configuration, execution, reporting, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
– Worked on the administration of storage systems (EMC).
– Karina Popova has been an Initiative coordinator.
– Preparing technical presentations.
– Preparing, giving and promoting a talk during international conferences.
– Networking with developers, Providing workshops and knowledge sharing.
– Communication language: English.
Head of planning and accounting of public investment branch
Department of Regional policy, Ministry of Economics of the Russian Federation
March 2013 – October 2013 (8 months) Russian Federation
– Maintaining, updating the register of capital construction.
– Preparation of conclusions about the effectiveness of investment projects.
– The program for the establishment/upgrading of work positions.
– Preparation of materials for operational session and meetings.
– Preparation of the Interdepartmental Commission on pricing in the construction (197-PP).
– Consideration of draft laws and regulations (including the regional targeted programs).
– Also, Karina Popova negotiated Agreements under the provision of public investment.
Head of Engineering department, VP of Engineering
Authorized Representative of the President of the Russian Federation in the Ural Federal District
September 2011 – March 2013 (1 year 7 months) Russian Federation
Administration of Special Communication and Information Support, Department of Internal and Information Policy of the Authorized Representative of the President.
– Manage development of federal geoportal of the Ural region within national e-government program.
– Develop and integrate web-GIS infrastructure.
– Facilitate realization of online administrative processes, improve the accessibility of e-government services for citizens and organizations.
– Develop internal and external portals of federal authorities, administrate databases.
– Provide electronic integration of sub-systems of e-government among each other and with other federal electronic systems; ensure information security.
– Provide statistical analysis of various system data.
– Ensure support of emergency services.
– In addition, Karina Popova provided mathematical modeling of elections 2011-2013.
Head of IT Department, CTO
CredoAMGroup Development Company
January 2009 – August 2011 (2 years 8 months) Amsterdam – Singapore
Residential and commercial real estate development company, project sales in Russia and abroad
Supervised work of the department:
– provided quality control and on-time delivery of assignments and projects;
– performed project planning and management;
– monitored information processing results and conducted error adjustments;
– in addition, organized and supervised planned work of subordinate employees.
Karina Popova engineered and supervised municipal GIS for the Ministry of State Property Management. Especially relevant comprehensive information resource integrating its own electronic maps with data from various city information systems.
Specialist in automation of banking operations
VTB North-West Bank of Urals
January 2008 – December 2008 (1 year) Russian Federation
– Provided support for automotive banking systems;
– In addition, supported business planning;
– Assisted in projects aimed at in automatization of banking operations;
– Ensured existing technologies support.
December 2006 – December 2008 (2 years 1 month) Russian Federation
Full control of all sections in 2 magazines. Youth magazine “Sports-minded” and industrial magazine “Conversion”.
Specialist of Information Resources
Era Real estate company
September 2006 – January 2008 (1 year 5 months) Russian Federation
– Designed interactive real estate market price distribution map for local authorities.
– Developed systems of accumulation, storage, analysis and graphic visualization of spatial data.
– Aligned address semantic part of a topographic foundation of the city of Yekaterinburg.
– Supervised engineering of specific elements of information content.
– In addition, uploaded content to web pages;
– Developed web page design model; 3D models; dynamic computer graphics;
– Karina Popova developed documentation for program products, online documentation, user interfaces.
- Russian – Native or bilingual proficiency
- English – Full professional proficiency
- German – Elementary proficiency
- Italian – Elementary proficiency
- Portuguese – Elementary proficiency
Karina Popova: Education
Master of Arts (M.A.), Counseling Business Psychology and Coaching
Moscow Institute of Psychoanalysis, 2020 – 2022
Psychological counseling and personality diagnostics, Coaching & Mentoring, Team Building and Leadership Development
Master of Science (M.Sc.), Geospatial Technologies
Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Germany 2013 – 2015
Karina Popova is a Winner of the international Erasmus Mundus scholarship in the Master’s Course in Geospatial Technologies. The second semester at the WWU provides basic and advanced courses in GIScience. In addition, courses in additional key competencies (project management) are provided. The language of instruction is English.
Universidade Nova de Lisboa 2013 – 2014
Karina Popova is a Winner of the international Erasmus Mundus scholarship in the Master’s Course in Geospatial Technologies. The first semester offers different learning paths, addressing the previous know-how and requirements of the students. The courses at UJI focus on the provision of know-how in informatics, new media, and GI basics. In addition,UNL provides modules in mathematics, data modeling, and GI basics. The language of instruction is English.
Master of Science (M.Sc.), Applied Informatics in Economics, with honors
Ural Federal University named after the first President of Russia B.N.Yeltsin 2006 – 2011
Diploma with Honours
Faculty: Higher School of Economics and Management
Principal subjects / occupational skills covered: Mathematics; Mathematical logic; Information Systems Design.
Thesis topic: Development of intellectual information system for decision-making process for the Ministry of State Property Management.
Main course work:
1. Development and application of applied program packages in economics
2. Mathematical statistics
3. Simulation modeling of economic processes
4. IT & Business intelligence
5. Development and standardization of software tools and information technologies
Secondary education, Mathematics, physics, economics, with honors
Gymnasium N 35, 1996 – 2006
Gold medal awarded to Karina Popova for the exceptional academic performance, diligence and exemplary behavior. Certificate of secondary education with Honours.
Karina Popova: Volunteer Experience & Causes
Press-secretary of the Museum
Museum of Honour in Battle
September 2001 – July 2013 (12 years) Arts and Culture
Social awareness and contributions of Karina Popova are demonstrated:
– through the position of a Press-secretary of the Museum of Honour in Battle during 12 years (Laureate of Tatishchev and De Genina Award);
– through the research project of patriotic education of high school students under the auspices of the State Programme “Patriotic education of the citizens of the Russian Federation during 2001-2013”.